Book Anthology Agreement with Vickie Gould International, LLC
CONGRATULATIONS! You have just made a decision to participate in a book anthology, and become an Amazon Best Selling Author with Vickie Gould, LLC!
This “Agreement”, for your Anthology Program package is made between Vickie Gould, LLC (“The Company”) and the undersigned Author (“You”).
The purpose of this agreement is to formalize the terms of the agreement between you and Vickie Gould, LLC in reference to us working together to produce an anthology book to Amazon.com best seller status.
We are minimally 10 entrepreneurs who want to share our stories in a book together.
Official participation in the anthology includes the following:
- Registering for the program here: https://member.vickiegould.com/register/anthology-participation-nyc-2019/ or https://member.vickiegould.com/register/anthology-participation-new-york-2019-payment-plan/. Your participation fee will be waived (or refunded) if you find 3 other paid people to participate in the program.
- Live coaching in NY for 2 days on writing your story. Location is a suite in The Plaza, close to Central Park and in Central Park (weather permitting). Location can change depending on availability and number of participants but will be close to Central Park. Travel, lodging and other related expenses is the responsibility of the participant and is not included.
- You will get 1 edit on your story (approx 2500 words) by my contracted editor for content and grammar/spelling
- You will participate in creating the title and subtitle for the book as part of the group, knowing that your favorite title or cover may not be selected.
- You agree to promote the book according to our launch sequence and sell 20 books – we will have a special promotion at 99 cents for the ebook on launch day
- You agree to be an active participant in the anthology group – make an introduction, show up for calls, read and listen to all instructions (best to set the group notifications to “all” so you don’t miss anything) and not make Vickie Gould or her team seek you out to make sure you are aware of next steps. You agree to not create excuses or drama surrounding your level of participation in the project. You will commit to show up and meet your obligations with the project.
- You are guaranteed to become a Best Selling Author in this book.
- If you sign up by June 15, you’ll be included in the press release that is guaranteed to be “seen on” ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX. Vickie will write and distribute the press release.
- The anthology will be released in ebook form first, with the print version happening within the month following.
Book cover creation will be contracted by Vickie Gould International, LLC. You agree to the cover that is created for the anthology.
*** Your adherence to the program will give you guaranteed Amazon.com Best Seller Status, which is defined as anything better than 100 in a given category.
You are eligible for any bonuses available during the timeframe you signed up (subject to change).
Authorization of Payment. You authorize the Company to charge your credit or debit card, or cash your check, as payment for your membership in the Program. You agree to payment terms for your access to, and opportunity to participate in, the program. The entire amount is due and payable immediately. You are responsible for payment of the entire amount agreed upon. To further clarify, no refunds will be issued whether you complete the program or not; we do not offer any transfers to other programs with your payment if you fail to meet deadlines or choose not to turn in a story.
Your Responsibility is to make sure your chapter is up to your standards.
You will commit to deadlines. Failure of anyone in the program to meet deadlines may result in delays in launching or your story not being included. If you are more than 1 week late in completing your chapter, once the deadline has been set, you may not be able to participate and no refunds will be given under any circumstances.
You always own your portion of the book. You may distribute your story, but you many not distribute the whole ebook or anyone else’s story. We cannot split royalties in a large collaborative, but we do offer you the chance to buy print books at cost, tax, plus shipping which is estimated to be around $5 a book after our launch is complete. The exact price of the books will be determined by the number of pages and will be given after the anthology is complete.
The company will not be held responsible for omissions in the program, errors in the book, including, but not limited to, spelling errors, grammar, punctuation, style of work, page numbering, corrupted files, computer formatting errors, and missing fonts.
You are agreeing to price the anthology ebook (kindle) during the launch for $.99 and to get at least 20 people to commit to purchasing the book as well. The Company is not responsible for marketing the anthology – it will take the combined efforts of all the participating authors to get it to Best Seller.
Our launch is for the kindle ebook version of the book only. Print copies will be available only after the ebook launch is complete.
Amazon Best Seller Status is guaranteed program under these circumstances:
You must meet deadlines and commit to and sell at least 20 books on your own. You acknowledge that you are not depending on nor expecting The Company to sell your book. Please note that best seller status is anything better than 100 in a given category.
Disclaimer of Guarantee – You accept and agree that you are 100% responsible for your progress and results from being in the anthology.
You accept and agree that you are the one vital element to the Program’s success and that The company cannot control your completion of any part of the program. The company makes no representations or guarantees verbally or in writing regarding performance of this Agreement other than those specifically enumerated herein. Company and its affiliates disclaim the implied warranties of titles and merchant ability for a particular purpose. The company makes no guarantee or warranty that the Program will meet Client’s requirements or that all clients will achieve the same results.
Liability – The company is not and will not be liable to the author or any other person/entity for lost profits or revenues due to, relating to or in connection with the submission or publication of work, the bestseller campaign launch or any other work provided the author. The company commits to using it’s best efforts.
The company is not and will not be liable to the author for any misplacement or loss of the book/files for any reason. It is the author’s responsibility to retain complete records and copies of all materials/files relating to the book pre and post publication.
Confidentiality. We respect your privacy and must insist that you respect the privacy of fellow Program participants, as well as that of Vickie Gould of Vickie Gould, LLC. By signing below, you agree not to violate the publicity or privacy rights of any other Program participant or of the Company. We respect your confidential and proprietary information ideas, plans and trade secrets (collectively, “Confidential Information”) and must insist that you respect the same rights of fellow Program participants and of the Company.
By accepting (through purchase), you agree (1) not to infringe upon any Program participant’s or the Company’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, (2) that any Confidential Information shared by Program participants or any representative of the Company is confidential and proprietary, and belongs solely and exclusively to the participant who discloses it or the Company, and (3) you agree not to disclose such information to any other person or use it in any manner other than in discussion with other Program participants during group Program sessions (should the Company offer them).
By accepting (through purchase), you further agree that (4) all materials and information provided to you by the Company are its confidential and proprietary intellectual property, belong solely and exclusively to the Company, and may only be used by you as authorized by the Company, and (5) the reproduction, distribution and sale of these materials by anyone but the Company is strictly prohibited.
The company sometimes shares certain content with the public, especially during your launch, including working with you, your bio, book cover and title, and headshot to expand both your reach and the company’s visibility. This information is shared on social media as part of our promoting you and your book. You agree by the signature herein that you agree to these promotional activities.
Just as confidentiality is important to us, so is your privacy. We will not share, give away or show excerpts of any part of your work without prior written consent.
Financial Responsibility. We have made every effort to accurately represent the Program and its potential. The testimonials and examples used are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results. Each individual’s success depends on many factors, including his or her background, follow through, action, dedication, desire and motivation.
By accepting (through purchase), you acknowledge that as with any business endeavor, there is an inherent risk of loss of capital and there is no guarantee that you will earn any money as a result of your participation in the Program.
By accepting (through purchase), you also acknowledge that you have represented to the Company that payment of your Program fees will not place a significant financial burden on you or your family.
To be considered a member in good standing, your payment plan must be current. Only members of program in good standing may attend events, participate in any components of the program (including the bonuses offered) or participate in any other program offered by Vickie Gould International, LLC. Should any payment issues arise, Participant will be proactive in reaching out to Vickie Gould and her staff directly. Whether you choose to actively participate in the program or not, you are responsible for the full program investment outlined below. No refunds are issued for the program, for any reason.
Disclaimer. Vickie Gould, LLC. and/or the program is not qualified to provide legal, tax, accounting or financial advice, and the information provided to you by the Company and/or Program is not intended as such. You should refer all legal, tax, accounting, and financially related inquiries to appropriately qualified professionals.
Choice of Law. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of Michigan.
Forum Selection Clause. Any action brought under this contract must be brought in the State of Michigan. Furthermore, by entering into this contract each party agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the State of Michigan for purposes of any action that arises out of or under this contract.
Severability. If any provision, clause, terms, or words of this Agreement are declared void or unenforceable, such provision, clause, terms, or words shall be deemed severed from this Agreement, and all remaining provisions, clauses, terms or words shall otherwise remain in full force and effect.
Attorney’s Fees. In the event of any breach of this Agreement and action for enforcement hereof, the prevailing party shall be entitled to have and recover from the other party all costs, expenses and attorney’s fees reasonably incurred thereby, together with interest at the highest rate permitted by law on any and all amounts deemed to be due and owing (including costs, expenses, and attorney’s fees), which interest shall accrue from the date of any such claim or amount that has arisen until fully paid.
Limits of Liability – By using The Company’s services and enrolling in the Program, you release The Company, it officers, employers, directors, and related entities from any and all damages that may result from anything and everything. The Program is only an educational/coaching service being provided. By using The Company’s services and enrolling in the Program, you release The Company from any and all damages that may result from anything and everything. You accept any and all risks, foreseeable or nonforeseeable, arising from such transactions. Regardless of the previous paragraph, if Company is found to be liable, Company’s liability to Client or to any third party is limited to the lesser of
- (a) the total fees you paid to The Company in the one month prior to the action giving rise to the liability, and
- (b) $1000. All claims against The Company must be lodged with the entity having jurisdiction within 100-day of the date of the first claim or otherwise be forfeited forever. Client agrees that The Company will not be held liable for any damages of any kind resulting or arising from including but not limited to; direct, indirect, incidental, special, negligent, consequential, or exemplary damages happening from the use or misuse of The Company’s services or enrollment in the Program. You agree that use of The Company’s services is at your own risk.
Assignability. Neither party shall assign this Agreement without the written consent of the other.
Authority. You represent and warranty by signing this Agreement that you have the authority to enter into the same personally and on behalf of your company listed below, if any.
Termination – The company reserves the right to terminate services if, in our sole opinion, you are conducting yourself or your business in a manner which is disparaging or disruptive to Vickie Gould, LLC or infringes upon our intellectual property right or violates the confidentiality covenant stated above.
Non-Disclosure – The author and the company agree this signed agreement constitutes a binding Non-disclosure Agreement. Details of the agreement, the book, manuscript, prices and all of the company’s methods, systems, marketing, prices and proprietary processes are strictly confidential, and will not be shared outside of this agreement.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan, USA. All monetary transactions will be in US dollars only. This written agreement contains all and is the only agreement, and supersedes any other agreement, oral, written, or otherwise construed as a prior agreement between the author and the company.
This agreement cannot be amended, changed, modified, word or words added or deleted except by the mutual written agreement of the author and the company.
While we are confident that you will have great benefits from the program and that you should become as successful as you envision, we do not represent or guarantee that you will attain a certain level of sales, profits, or earnings.
Refund Policy – Due to the nature of coaching, hard costs and team members involved in our services, and because of our commitment of time, resources, calendar space and effort, our fees are respectfully non-refundable. Deposits are non-refundable. If you are on the payment plan, your payments are still required. Upon execution of this Agreement, you are responsible for the full extent of the Fee. If you cancel attendance at the Program for any reason whatsoever, you will receive no refund. There are no transfers of your fees to any of our other programs.
The following booking conditions, together with the information set out on the relevant retreat page of the Vickie Gould International, LLC website, www.vickiegould.com, will form the contract between you and us for your retreat experience with us.
In this contract a reference to “you” and “your” include the lead-named person on the confirmation invoice (who must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking) and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made.
We are Vickie Gould International, LLC, located in Howell, Michigan USA, hosting a retreat in New York, New York during the dates July 13-14, 2019.
In this agreement, the following definitions apply unless the context requires otherwise:
“Meeting Point” – means the place we will meet and start your Retreat.
“Start Date” – means the date on which we meet to start your Retreat
“Retreat” – means the retreat organized by Vickie Gould International, LLC
“The Customer” – Means “you” in this agreement and includes the lead-named person on the confirmation invoice (who must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking) and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made.
- What is in the retreat?
The following items are included:
- Coaching services provided by Vickie Gould International, LLC (Retreat host)
- Location may change due to number of participants, however location will be close by to original location. You may also want to bring your own snacks or special diet items.
The following items are not included:
- Roundtrip flights or ground transportation to and from retreat location.
- All other costs incurred before you arrive at the Meeting Point and after you leave.
- Travel insurance or any other insurance personal to you
- Passport and visa costs
- Vaccinations and medication, before, during and after the Retreat
- Food and drink over and above what we include in the Retreat, alcoholic beverages are not included
- Gratuities you choose to give.
- Booking your Retreat
You can book the Retreat at any time after our bookings are launched. On booking a minimum of your 1st payment deposit per person is required (depending on when and which payment plan is chosen) and your booking is not confirmed until we receive this booking and our bookings team confirms your booking via email. When we receive your payment, we will send you a confirmation. The contract between us comes into existence at that time. You undertake to pay for the retreat you have booked and we undertake to provide you with the retreat we describe on our website.
Based on the Payment Plan you choose, by booking the retreat you agree to pay the following of the options you choose:
- One single payment of the pay in full price at the time of your booking.
- One down payment of your 1st payment plan installment as determined by the pricing at the time of your booking.
If you make a booking on behalf of others as well as yourself, we assume that you have the authority give to you by each of those other people to enter into the contract on their behalf on the basis of these booking conditions and that you and they have agreed to be jointly and severally liable to us.
If we are unable to accept your booking for any reason such as a credit card decline, we will of course return your payment to you immediately. All payments must be complete 30 days prior to the event date.
You can pay online with your credit card through Paypal or Stripe.
The last date for payment of the balance of the cost of your Retreat will be due to us at least 2 days before the Retreat Start Date. If you pick the payment plan, your payments are due monthly.
If you do not pay us before the last date for payment, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled. If we do that, you accept that all sales are final and no refunds or transfers to other programs will be given. Should you need to speak with us directly regarding special payment arrangements, email email@example.com
- Changes and cancellations by you
Only the person who made a booking may cancel. The cancellation takes effect from the date at which an email notification reaches us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Cancellations and credits towards other services/packages are accepted on a case by case basis, if there is an emergency or a tragic incident preventing you from attending the Retreat. Please reach out to email@example.com with concerns regarding a possible cancellation/credit situation. This is taken care of on a case by case basis and is purely at the discretion of Vickie Gould International, LLC.
In any other case, all Retreat sales are final.
If circumstances force you to leave the Retreat early, you will have to bear any additional costs yourself.
- Booking and Retreat Conditions
The customer shall keep all fixtures, fittings, furniture and effects of the event location in a clean and good condition and shall replace any articles, which are destroyed, damaged or missing with articles of a similar kind and of equal value. Any replacements necessary are the customer’s responsibility.
Vickie Gould International, LLC reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate use of the property or any of its facilities by the customer in the event of any breach of these terms and conditions. The customer will be required to vacate the property and Vickie Gould International, LLC shall not refund payment or accept any consequential liability damages or loss.
The customer must comply fully with all and any health and safety regulations introduced by Vickie Gould International, LLC. The customer must ensure that he/she is medically and physically fit and able to use travel, use the facilities and participate in all activities.
Customers who have injuries or illnesses are advised to seek doctor’s advice if participating in any activity that could cause risk.
Vickie Gould International, LLC is not liable for any injuries to the customer in participation in activities (on or off site). You need to have your own travel insurance and bring the details with you in case of an emergency. You should also check with your doctor that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to undertake any other physical activity we have arranged or you may arrange during your stay. Please check with your own doctor that you are adequately fit. A customer must always inform the host of any previous injuries. If you experience any injury or discomfort during any activity organized for you, then you must desist immediately and advise your host accordingly.
- Changes and cancellations by us
We reserve the right to change travel and retreat arrangements.
We are not liable to you in any circumstances for loss or damage or loss of your retreat when:
- Unusual and unforeseeable circumstances arise which are beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care; or
- The change is not significant. We are not liable to pay you any additional travel or any other costs, expenses or losses which you incur as a result of any change or cancellation by us, such as changes to times of connecting flights or other travel arrangements; or
- Any transport, e.g. flight, or additional costs or payments made by you in relation to your booking.
- Passport, Visa and Health Requirements Please note carefully:
To be absolutely safe, it is a good idea to make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after the date of return of your Retreat.
Remember to apply for any necessary visa in good time.
- Retreat Information:
- The 24 Hour Best Seller Retreat will be held at the Plaza Hotel, in Vickie’s suite. Address is 5th Ave & Central Park S, New York, NY 10019
- Coaching – We will meet Saturday 9 am through Sunday 3 pm, July 13 to July 13, 2019. We tentatively will have a casual gathering Friday early evening to get to know each other.
10. Limitations on our liability
We want you to enjoy a retreat with Vickie Gould International, LLC. We shall do our best to make your Retreat special for you. Nonetheless, we must make clear the limitations in law. We are not liable to you for:
- Any event which happens before you board our transport at the Meeting Point or after you leave;
- Loss or theft of any of your items;
- Any problem arising from your failure to reach the Meeting Point on time, for whatever reason; (though we would do our best to help you in any way we reasonably could)
- The perceived quality of food or any illness that may arise from that;
- Any aspect of goods or services you buy or accept other than those arranged by us;
- Medical problems or physical difficulties, even if you have told us about them in advance;
- Medical emergencies;
- Your own carelessness or negligence in any aspect of your behavior while with us;
- Changes we reasonably make to an itinerary or to accommodation or any other aspect of the management of a Retreat
- Problems or issues which we could have resolved while on an excursion or outing, but which you raise only after your return.
- Injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment or possessions), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from either:
- Services we have not provided. If you choose to buy other goods or services during your retreat, those are not part of the package we provide, even if arranged at your request through our Retreat leader. Accordingly, we are not liable to you for any happening in connection with that service or those goods.
- Dietary needs will be the responsibility of the attendee and Vickie Gould International, LLC will assume no responsibility for allergic reactions.
- Local standards
Laws, standards, culture and attitudes are different in many countries from what you reasonably expect at home. We are not responsible for standards of service, safety, hygiene and behavior which may be lower than you are used to or which you expected.
We do not make any representation or commitment that all services will comply with applicable local laws and regulations and failure to comply does not automatically mean we or the service supplier has not exercised reasonable skill and care.
13. Photography and video release
By booking this retreat, you are hereby granting Vickie Gould International, LLC permission to the rights of your image, likeness and sound of your voice as recorded on audio or video tape without payment or any other consideration. You understand that your image may be edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed and waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, you waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of your image or recording. You also understand that this material may be used in diverse educational settings within an unrestricted geographic area.
Photographic, audio or video recordings may be used for the following purposes:
- conference presentations
- educational presentations or courses
- informational presentations
- on-line educational courses
- educational videos
- any other promotional materials
By booking this retreat, you understand this permission signifies that photographic or video recordings of you may be electronically displayed via the Internet or in the public educational setting.
There is no time limit on the validity of this release nor is there any geographic limitation on where these materials may be distributed.
This release applies to photographic, audio or video recordings collected as part of the retreat.
By booking this retreat, you acknowledge that you have completely read and fully understand the above release and agree to be bound thereby. You hereby release any and all claims against any person or organization utilizing this material for educational purposes.