Table of Contents
- Simple list of the things to organize to write your book.
- Case Study Jay Diamond Grew Her Confidence and Doubled her Coaching Prices Twice
- Stacie Winkfield Got Help and Got her Investment Back in a Week
- Case Study Michael Wynn Learned to Tell his Story More Impactfully
- Case Study Andy Smith Finally Finished his Book in 60 Days after Struggling for 10 Years
- Case Study Shaneil Stewart Realized She Was Enough Right Now to Write Her Book
- Share this:
A big part of the population wants to write a book and if you’re an entrepreneur who wants to write your book, it may be all that much more critical to put together correctly. Let’s be real here — English class never prepared you to write your book. Why then do so many decide that winging it is going to be their strategy?
So many people say that they struggle to get the book out of their head. Sometimes it’s been years, even decades. This probably one pitfall of the wing it plan. They have thoughts jotted in their journal or on scraps of paper they’re saving. Sometimes it’s on post-it notes. And then there are those who just leave all the ideas jumbled up inside their brains waiting for the perfect day when it miraculously organizes itself and becomes a book. Sadly, it won’t do that on its own.
Simple list of the things to organize to write your book.
- Pick a topic that aligns with your business.
- Determine what you want the reader to take away once they’re done reading your book.
- Decide which of your life stories fit the lessons in your book. Remember to include the story that lead you to why you do what you do today.
- Seed the inside of the book with marketing pieces that will turn your reader into clients (this is the piece that’s not intuitive and that most people need help with).
- Figure out the structure/layout of your book (I advise my clients with a simple 4-part structure for each chapter that makes it easy to figure out what to say).
- Create a strategy to collect emails from your book so you can grow your following
Once you’re done writing, it’s not over yet!
- Create a launch plan to market your book and get it to best seller
- Self-publish your ebook/kindle book and print book to Amazon and other online retailers
- Create your marketing plan to leverage your book after it’s out
Sometimes people don’t realize what they’re missing out on by not yet having a book for their business. That could be why it take so long or why people procrastinate on their to-do task of “write your book.”
Thing is, a world of opportunities open up when you can say, “I’m a best selling author.”
- Land Tedx talks
- Sell 1000’s of copies of their books
- Do book signings internationally
- Get featured in magazines and podcasts
- Get interviewed on TV
- Say they’ve been as seen on ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX
- Get paid speaking gigs
- Add almost 6 figures to their coaching business
- Close $2M financial deals (this was a financial advisor)
- Be asked to participate in online events and telesummits
- Increase their confidence
- Boost their credibility and expert status
- Sell out their retreats
- Launch sold-out programs
- Get clients easier
Now I’d like to introduce you to some of my clients — I couldn’t be more proud! They pushed through their fears and sexy excuses to get their book down. Wing it was not their strategy to write their books. They got the help they needed, got committed, and got the job done. Here they share their journey and their involvement in my Easy Writer Guaranteed Amazon Best Seller program. Now they’re able to reap the rewards of being a best selling author.
Case Study Jay Diamond Grew Her Confidence and Doubled her Coaching Prices Twice
Best Selling Author: Abuse to Abundance
Stacie Winkfield Got Help and Got her Investment Back in a Week
Best Selling Author: Breaking Bravely
Case Study Michael Wynn Learned to Tell his Story More Impactfully
Best Selling Author: Habits Don’t Lie
Case Study Andy Smith Finally Finished his Book in 60 Days after Struggling for 10 Years
Best Selling Author: Mindset Empowerment
Case Study Shaneil Stewart Realized She Was Enough Right Now to Write Her Book
Best Selling Author: #IndustryFamous
What’s the most important part of the strategy to get your book out into the world, helping people like it’s supposed to already be doing? You have to get out of your own way.
Stop thinking about all the what-if scenarios. Stop worrying about how it will be received. Quit thinking it (or you) need to be perfect first. Instead consider all the people who need your help who are not getting it. They don’t care how you show up — they just need you to show up NOW.
Vickie Gould is a book coach, best selling author, and speaker. She believes that everyone has a story to share and a journey orchestrated for their positive growth — and that those experiences should be written in a best selling book.
Vickie helps entrepreneurs to write, self-publish and leverage their own business books to share those stories, grow their following, create more impact and turn readers into clients through her Easy Writer Program, one-on-one coaching and her free Facebook Group, Write Your Biz Book.
She has written 10 best sellers such as Easy Writer (named after her signature program) and Standing in the Gap, and helped nearly 100 others to become best selling authors as well. Get her cheatsheet called 5 Secret Strategies to Write Your Book Quickly at: bit.ly/5secretstrategies.